Friday 25 September 2009

Toronto Star on Wings

Susan Sampson at the Toronto Star has an article today on chicken wings titled: "Once in a while, wing it."


A fluff piece in my opinion. It doesn't capture the essence of wings, the excitement, the love of wings. The focus seems to be on the calories in wings, but her title is "Once in a while, wing it". Fear mongering and just a weak article on such a great topic. It meanders through beer and restaurants and I don't even get the impression the author likes wings. I don't understand the point of the article or the need. Lame AND fail in my opinion.

5 comments:

Chris said...

I don't think it's a horrible article, as long as she was aiming just to discuss the dietary side of wings. But that is the least interesting side to wings that there is, IMO.

indianguy said...

Yes? Hi! The Toronto Star likes to make the dumb. They should make the smart and the delicious like the Wing Lord and the Vashi.

indianguy said...

Yes? Hi! Dont eat the Blistering Ho Wings at the Lucky Panda. Vashi did the secret testing and now has the burning diarrhea.

Teena in Toronto said...

I thought if anyone could give an opinion, it would be you :)

Lord of the Wings said...

Chris - ya I was pretty harsh. It put me in a bad mood. I still stand by it being a fluff article though on wings.

Indianguy - Yes, yes they should!

Teena - chicken wings are my passion!